ENGINE MISFIRE ISSUES

2007 BMW 335

2007 BMW 335 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 43000 miles

So I have a 2007 BMW 335i twin turbo with about 43,000 miles on it and it has just gotten really cold and when I start it up in the mornings the engine bucks a little and my engine misfore light comes on. After driving it for awhile and letting it warm up for a little I restart it and it is fine. What causes this issue and how can it be fixed?

Jhcoch

Thank you for your question. Isn't your car still under the factory warranty? I recommend being cautious doing repair work on a vehicle still covered under the factory warranty. It could be something warranty has already identified and the dealer is just waiting for you to show up. It could be the high pressure fuel pump mate.

Dr. Hagerty
Possibly just need a a tune up or something as simple as a clogged fuel filter but since you only have just over 43,000 miles on it I'm leaning more toward it being a fuel system issue. I found a Technical service bulletin that was posted as of June 2009 that is related to your problem almost directly. But I'm affraid there is no easy fix for it and its a very in depth prosses that you would need to take it into the dealership. Which is never fun to hear but considering the smallest mistakes on those cars can cost you thousands (speaking from exerience) its best to have the dealship worry about it. PLUS the great news is, is it sounds like it could still be under warranty (as mentioned in previous post)
Anyways here is the readers digest version of the Technical Service Bulletin: SITUATION
The customer may complain of: Excessive cranking time before the engine starts (5-6 seconds) on a cold start or after a hot soak.

In most cases, diagnosis shows fault code 2FBF stored with SES lamp illumination.

CAUSE
Possible causes may include: Failure of an electric fuel pump or a clogged fuel filter

Defective fuel pressure check - valve/fuel pressure regulator

Failure of the low or high-pressure sensors

Internal failure of a High-pressure Injection Pump (HDP)

Failure of a volume control valve

Intermittent electrical connection problem (wire and/or connector) in the fuel delivery system.

Ajvandyke