SERVICE ENGINE SOON LIGHT - 330CI

2002 BMW 330

I have a 2002 BMW 330Ci. My yellow " service engine soon" came on a couple of weeks ago and hasnt gone off since. I haven't rushed into the shop because the car runs the same as it did the day before the light went on. Great. I also notice that the yellow Oil light has been coming on intermittently (about 3-4 times in the past 2 weeks for no more than 10 seconds while driving). The oil level is fine.I even topped it off and the yellow oil light came on again. Any ideas?
Mmckerns

The check engine light can be on for any number of reasons, a scan tool will be needed to pinpoint this issue. As for the oil level lamp there is a bulletin on this issue. The repair sometimes requires replacement of the oil level sensor and recoding the lamp control module. If you have checked the oil level and it is nominal, you may ignore this warning light at your own risk.

Dr. Hagerty