AUXILIARY FAN

2007 BMW 328

Noises problem
2007 BMW 328 Automatic 20,000 miles

The auxiliary fan on my 2007 BMW 328i is excessively loud. The car is under warranty and the dealer insists that the sound is " normal". This is my 4th BMW and I have not had this sound in any other car. It is loud enough when standing next to the car to prohibit conversation with another person.

Any suggestions for what might be causing this problem and how I can get the dealer to address it?
Ginny0602

I am glad you asked this question. As a former dealer tech, I had to address this type of issue all the time. The dealer is under extreme scrutiny from the corporate bean counters and unless your fan is bleeding from the ears you are not going to get the dealer to do anything about it. Try whining very loudly or perhaps crying whilst stomping your foot, seriously though, the BMW corporate mindset is not inclined to help unless there is substantial evidence to support your claim of the fan being too loud. Go to the BMW North America website and see if you can get their attention, good luck! ♥

Dr. Hagerty
Thanks for your response. I have felt all along that I have been given the run around so that the dealer does not look bad for having to actually service a car under warranty. I did whine and stomp my foot already. I will contact BMW North America and see what happens.

I am sure that as soon as my car is out of warranty they will find a way to fix the noise.

Ginny0602
This is exactly what BMW loves, attention. You need to give them some attention. Positive or otherwise.

Dr. Hagerty