ODOMETER STOPPED WORKING

BMW 325

I have a 1990 bmw 325 I with 120,000 miles and the odometer has stopped working. Is this something easy to repair and if so what is required.
thanks
Buford
Buff51p

Is it a digital odometer or the one where the numbers roll?

Lsussel
Hello buddy,

Please check whether all the control is stopped or only the odometer. Hope u know how to check whether all controls in the dashboard is working or not.

If you dont know please follow this method.

1. Just press the CC(check control button, which will be located in between RPM meter and temperature gauge, a black knob ).

2. Turn the ignition to position 1 and release the key.

3. Now the display will show the BMW idnetification number, software version etc etc and all the dials will light and works for example the rpm meter will show a reading of 4000rpm, fuel gauge reseve indicator will glow etc etc.

How to check the fuses.
Please open the fuse box which is located in the hood in the driver side. Please check with fuses realted to the dash board control and replace them if they are gone or press it properly if they are loose.

Hope it works.

With regards,
sunwin

Sunwinman
I had something similar.
Odometer and speed indicator stopped working.(In Greece of all places)
I did an ET trick and phoned home to my BMW shop.
And did the job myself
There is a transducer in the differential which supplies data, it is connected to the front of the car with a little cable.
Very near to the differental, the 2 are linked with a small (in my car yellow) connector.
Cut it out and replace it by something similar, or reconnect the cables directly.
The weight of the connector seems to wear out the cable, which gives in the end.

Luc janssen
Hello

I think you can use the BMW mileage programmer, like Digimaster 3, this tool can be purchased online.
I hope it can help you! If you want to know more information, contact me!

Thank you!

Cherryli