HOW TO CHANGE THE FUEL FILTER

2001 BMW 325

2001 BMW 325 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 115000 miles

Can you please give me direction on how to change the fuel filter on my car

Thanks,
Hari
Singha

On filters that are located near the fuel tank, it is necessary to clamp the fuel lines closed before disconnecting them, or fuel will run out continuously.

Relive the fuel system pressure and disconnect the negative battery cable.
Clamp the fuel lines closed if the filter is mounted low, near the fuel tank or underneath the vehicle. Then, loosen the clamps and disconnect the inlet and outlet hoses. Remove the hose clamps or slide them back, well off the connections to make it easier to remove the hoses, if necessary.
The filters are usually attached to a bracket on the frame, floor pan or wheel well. Loosen the bracket and remove the filter. Note the direction of flow for reinstallation or replacement of the filter.

To install: Position the new fuel filter and install the fuel lines onto the correct fuel filter fittings. Tighten the fuel line clamps until tight, but not to the point where the fuel lines become excessively pinched or damaged, then tighten the mounting bracket until snug.
Connect negative battery cable. Cycle the ignitionONOFF
Inspect the fuel filter and fuel lines for any fuel leaks.

Bluelightnin6
Thank you very much for the fast reply. You guys are doing a great service. Really appreciate your input

Hari

Singha