TRANSMISSION LEAK

2000 BMW 323

2000 BMW 323 6 cyl Wheel Drive Type unknown Automatic 105, 00 miles

I recently took my car in for service to look at a check engine light. Among many things, they found that I had a transmission leak. They did not go too deeply into what the problem was, but I was wondering what some common causes of transmission leaks are? 2 years ago I did have to replace a trans-coolant line. I really don't want to replace a transmission, and I am hoping that there are some more simple issues that could be causing the leak.
Alecat1982

Hi there,

The service mechanic should have given you a report a bit more detailed than oil leak" There are a number of places that can leak, some simple to fix others a bit more time consuming. Common problems are Transmission pan gaskets, Cooler lines, Rear out put shaft seal Or drive shaft seals. All these are relatively easy to repair, if the front seal is leaking this will entail the removal of the transmission to repair. There are other covers and switches that can cause problems, but normally most are a relativly easy fix.

Mhpautos