DASHBOARD LIGHTS

1998 BMW 323

1998 BMW 323 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 140000 miles

the my odometer light is very very light and I can barely make out the numbers any longer. I was wondering how I could possibly replace it. Also on the clock/mutli-information display light is burned out as well. Any suggestions on how to replace the bulb for that? Thanks so much for your help!
Red3736

All of the bulbs for ilumination on the dash are only accessable from the backside of the instrument panel. That's unless you pull the the whole dash panel out but, you don't want to do that.
If you remove the under dash panels on both sides of the steering wheel you should be able to reach the sockets that hold the bulbs you want to change. The sockets are round and about the size of a nickel. They turn 1/4 turn counter clockwise to remove, and reinstall in reverse. Hope this helps, it's never an easy job.

James W.
Actually the instrument cluster is quite easy to remove, just the two Torx screws from the top of the cluster and the clock/display is popped out from under the clock, just put two fingers in under the clock and feel for the holes. The bulbs for the cluster and clock may have to be sourced from BMW.

Dr. Hagerty
If you take a bulb out, you should be able to match them in the aftermarket.

James W.