BLOWER BLOWING THROUGH FLOOR AIR DUCTS ONLY

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee • 161,000 miles

Hi, I have problem with the air distribution. When I put the ac on the upper vents it blows through the floor vents too, for hot air it is ok but cold air is not pleasant. Can you help how to fix this problem.
Wudaal

It sounds like you have a vacuum leak issue. The vent doors are actuated by engine vacuum. If the vacuum is weak, the vend doors will not open and close properly.

Check under the dash for vacuum leaks as well as under the hood (supply line). If you are lucky, with the engine running, you may hear a hissing noise.

Let me know what you find.

Well thank you for your prompt reply. I checked for vacuum lines but could not identify them, where and how will I identify the vacuum lines?

Wudaal
They should run from the control panel.

Sorry, did not get it. Shall I search for it on the right or left of the dash, and under the hood where will be they?

Wudaal
The vacuum lines will run from the control unit to the vent doors. As far as under the hood, the vacuum supply line will start on the intake manifold and work its way through the firewall.