BIG MISTAKE INSTALLING "FOUR SEASONS 16152 EVAPORATOR CORE REPAIR KIT WITH WHITE ORIFICE TUBE”

1993 Chevrolet Caprice

HELP!

I tried today to install a product: “Four Seasons 16152 Evaporator Core Repair Kit with White Orifice Tube” since the fitting was leaking. Due to a lack of clear installation instructions (an illustration would have been very helpful), I cut the steel AC line behind the dimpled area assuming that I was supposed to cut the thin line itself rather than the thicker segment into which the orifice tube fits (which is apparently where I was supposed to cut it). Needless to say, the compression fitting was way too large to compress around the smaller diameter tubing. The attached photo shows the segment that I cut out and removed from the car.

What’s done is done. My question is now where do I go from here? Clearly, the repair kit will not work on this line as it is now, as the diameter of the hose is too small. I need to get this thing fixed. How would you advise going about repairing it?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

John
Vintshave

You'll need to replace that line, I thinkit goes form evap to compressor or wherever it goes. Trouble is it may be a dual line like also going to condenser.

It goes directly into the firewall

Vintshave
Any idea where I can find this part? It has to have the wider portion where the orifice tube fits in.

Vintshave
Send me a pic of where it was cut off you still may be able to save this.