BARELY ANY AIR BLOWING THROUGH THE VENTS

2006 Chevrolet Aveo • 126,000 miles

Blow motor and resistor were replaced when the air initially stopped working (TSB said to replace together). Since theyve been replaced the air just trickles out of the vents, regardless of the settings. Pulled the blower from the housing and ran it and it blows air very hard. Cabin filter was replaced at the same time. Pulled the stereo out and checked the cable. Theyre connected and the linkage is moving when I turn the knob to direct the air to different locations. Trickles out of the vents no matter how I set the air. I've noticed a lot more condensation dripping from the car since this started. Inside the car too on the passenger side. I've also noticed the blower motor is very loud since replacing it.
Lnelon

Is the cage turning in the same direction as the old one?

Wrenchtech
I honestly dont know. Which way is it supposed to turn?

Lnelon
The same as the old one.

Wrenchtech
Thanks for nothing.

Lnelon
Sorry for the confusion, it sounds like you have something blocking the air intake of the vent system, can you check up under the dash to see if a plastic bag or something is blocking it? Also, does the air flow change when you switch it from fresh to recirculate?

I have also seem were the blend door has come loose from the pivot arm so the mechanism moves but the door just sits there.

Thanks for using the site, please contact me directly for more info : -)

2Carpros, Ken ASE Certified Master Tech

2CarPros Ken
I've checked numerous times around the dash and I don't see anything that could be blocking. Ive felt around where the blower motor goes and didn't feel anything either.

When I turn on recirculate the air flow isnt any better, but it sounds louder in the dash and my windshield fogs up quickly.

Lnelon
Did the new fan motor come with its own squirrel cage? Or did you use the old one?

2CarPros Ken
It came with its own cage and I installed it as-is.

Lnelon
Did the motor come with a plug or did you wire it in?

2CarPros Ken
It plugged right in. The harness coming from the car will only plug into it one way.

Lnelon