ENGINE OIL COOLER

2001 Audi Quattro

2001 Audi Quattro 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 117000 miles

Hi....I have an oil leak and it seems to be coming from one of the hoses that is attached to the Oil Cooler. It is leaking at either end of the hose the end that attaches to the engine as well as the end that attaches to the cooler. Should this hose even have oil in it I was told that both lines should have coolant is this correct? I drove 1400 miles and used 2 quarts of oil the leak seems to happen under pressure. When the car was completely cleaned underneath nothing was dripping until the engine was turned on then you could see oil coming from either end of the hose. When driving you get alot of blow back spraying to the back of the car. Would you suggest just replacing the Oil Cooler and putting screw band clamps in place of the spring clamps?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/589310_oil_cooler_1.jpg

Luckyspr