MISSING AND HEITATION

1998 Audi Quattro

1998 Audi Quattro 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 128000 miles

My 1998 A4 Quqttro has started to miss and hesitate when I give it the gas, my check eng. Light would come on and then go off after awhile, it started out a few months ago just missing when at idle I thought it was the quality of gas so I switched, it has more and more missing and hesitation when first giving it gas and then smooths out and runs fine on the hwy, now it does it all the time when giving it gas, sometimes a lot and sometimes not so much but when it does it a lot the check eng light flashes. So I replaced the plugs and had my friend put the computer on it, it said it was a fuel type code in 3-4 of the cylinders
I replaced the fuel filter with very little change. Where should I go next the fuel pump? And is this a hard thing to replace?
Insanityranch

1998 Audi Quattro missing and heitation

Dirty fuel injectors (cleaning the injectors often fixes this).
Bad MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor
Bad TPS (throttle position) sensor
Bad or dirty MAF (mass airflow) sensor
Low fuel pressure (leaky fuel pressure regulator or weak fuel pump)
Vacuum leaks (intake manifold, vacuum hoses, throttle body, EGR valve)
Bad gasoline (fuel contaminated with water or too much alcohol)

Sometimes, what feels like a hesitation is actually ignition misfire rather than lean misfire. The causes of ignition misfire may include: Dirty or worn spark plugs
Bad plug wires
Weak ignition coil
Wet plug wires

Can you tell me where the location of the fuel pump is on a 1998 a4 Q
you can hear it cough or back fire and it sounds like it is coming from the front driver side
when it does it
Im sorry have not donated any money I just started working last month after being off work for 7 months looking for a job we lost our cars and this is the only car I have to get back and forth to work 65 miles away I dont get paid until next Friday and I will donate something then however to be honest it will not be to much but it will be something

Insanityranch
The fuel pump is normally placed in the fuel tank-When you turn key to run do you hear it?

No I do not hear it
is it easy or hard to replace?
I can find NO place on the net that will tell me where in the car it is located other then the fuel tank it looks like a dealer job to remove the tank I cant afford that for sure

Insanityranch
Check and test the fuel pump fuse and relay before jump into the fuel tank.

OK ill bit where is it located and how do you check it

if this relay was not working would the car run and drive as I decribed it?

Insanityranch
Your check engine light is coming on-you need to get the computer scan for code/s this is your starting point of finding out what's causing the light to come.

Check fuse 228 15amp this one powers the fuel pump and swap the fuel pump relay or replace it and see what happens