WHERE IS THE FUEL PUMP?

1992 Audi Quattro

1992 Audi Quattro 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 175000 miles

When I go to start my car, there is no gas getting to the engine. We checked the fuel filter, that's fine and my mechanic friend said it was the fuel pump. But when we went to take the fuel pump off (in the trunk) to get the part number, there is no fuel pump. We can't find it. The Audi dealership explained where it was, but there is no pump, no wires. I'm sure their could be that freakish possibility that it fell into the gas tank, but then the wires would still be hanging out. I drove home fine, but when I went to go to the store, that's when the car wouldn't start. It's been 3 weeks and I need my car! Any ideas?
Cmorlock

REMOVE/INSTALL/OVERHAUL -1992 Audi 100 CS Quattro
Page 1 of 1
FUEL PUMP
1. Fuel pump assembly is located inside fuel tank. Release fuel pressure from system. Remove luggage compartment access cover. Disconnect electrical connectors and fuel hoses at fuel tank. 2. Loosen retaining ring, and pull unit out of fuel tank. Remove fuel pump from sending unit assembly. To install, reverse removal procedure.

9/13/2008

Merlin2021