MODELS DOOR WONT SHUT ON Q7 IN COLD WE

2008 Audi Other

2008 Other Audi Models 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 5,000 miles

In freezing conditions after the car is unlocked with the automatic key fob as you pull the handle the door opens but when you go to close the door again the handle feels loose and the door does not close.

I think the mechanism on the solenoid is not being released. The door just slams but does not locate properly and the door is unable to close at all.

This problem only happens in freezing conditons for some reason. I think the solenoid maybe has water in it and is freezing up in cold weather. But when thawed out with a hairdryer it is fine!

I don’t think it is the locking mechanism, but seems to be the handle that does not feel attached to anything?

THE CAR IS FINE IN WARMER WEATHER.

Sorry for the novel, but hopefully you will come up with a solution to this really silly problem. Surely a Q7 should not have this problem in cold weath
Loggy01