MODELS FUEL FILLER NECK

2001 Audi Other

2001 Other Audi Models 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 90500 miles

Hi, I have an Audi Allroad Quattro Turbo. Recently, all of a sudden I have had an issue when I try to fill the car of gasoline. I may have a quarter of a tank left, I begin to fill and 3-5 gallons in, if I lift the fuel nosel away or up the gas begins to spit and spray out. There is air pressure coming out from the fuel tank. No one seems to know what the problem is or how it started. This happens at any gas station I get gasoline. I asked the Audi Dealer but they say they do not know and just want to explore first. The regular mechanic I take it to doesn't know and says that Audi Allroads have a lot of auto trouble all the time. Can you help me? My questions below.
1. How can this be corrected.
2. If I question a mechanic (one for repairing the problem) what should I look for in his answers?
3. Is this something that is covered by Audi?
4. How serious is this issue?
Blueskies