TRANSMISSION ISSUES

Audi A6

The car in question is a 1998 Audi A6 Quattro with tiptronic transmission. It has 129,000 miles on it and is a V6 2.8L Engine.

Everything on the car has worked fine up until today. When I started it this morning The engine was making a noise almost like a hissing sound or a belt rubbing against something but I only had to go down the street so I drove it anyway. Later that day when I went to use the car It made a really loud clunk noise when I shifted into reverse and again when I shifted into drive. Then when I began to drive I noticed that it wasn't shifting at all in automatic or tiptronic and had to floor the pedal to even get 30mph. I'm hoping there may be another explanation other than the transmission is just shot.
Grfy86