TRACTION CONTROL LIGHT

Audi A6

Every few months, my traction control light comes on and my a6 3.0 starts idling very erratic. I have to power brake (gas and brake) just to get it to move, when I am driving around it drives fines, then after 5-15 minuites of driving it clears and everything goes back to normal. I have heard it could be a wheel speed sensor, longitudal acceleration sensor. Any ideas, the dealership said I would have to have it towed in while the light is on so they could run the scan, a normal scan tool pics up nothing, thanks in adavance!
Jay
Rebel33382

Not sure if it is the same thing, but my car for the longest time would have an issue where all of a sudden the ESP warning light would come on, the car would then rumble and sputter, the RPM would jump all over the place especialy when starting and stopping, when accelerating the car would jerk and misfire and when stopping it would die.

We took it in over and over again and they kept getting a mass air flow error, after replacing that about 4 times it was finialy found to be a throttle body problem, after replacing the throttle body that problem has never returned.

Hope that helps

03a6problems