HEATER PROBLEM

1996 Audi A4

I HAVE A SEPTEMBER 1996 AUDI A4 1.9 TDI manual. Mileage is 171000 MY HEATER IS BLOWING OUT COLD AIR.I HAVE CHECKED THERMOTSTAT AND REPLACED. CHECKED WATER PUMP ITS PERFECT BECAUSE THE STRANGE THING IS EVEN I DRIVE A LONG JOURNEY THE COOLANT IN THE EXPANSION BOTTLE IS JUST WARM IT NEVER GETS HOT. BOTH PIPES GOING INTO THE MATRIX ARE HOT AND THE FLAPS TO CONTROL THE HEAT, WHICH ARE MANUAL ARE ALL WORKING PERFECT. IVE EVEN FLUSHED OUT THE ENTIRE SYSTEM. TEMP HAND AND CAR IS NORMAL AND CAR IS WORKING OTHERWISE PERFECT. IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I NEED TO DO. PS ON MILD DAYS I DO HAVE SLIGHT HEAT COMMING OUT BUT NOT ENOUGH
Decky

Hello !
I think that the problem its the" valve " that opens the hot radiator water to the cabin heater core.

Check that and be sure that its not " stuck" closed.

Also check the heater core (be sure that its not Plug by blowing compressed air in to the inlet)

let us Know!

Fisherman
Hello !

let us Know![/Quote: 31d7b8c784]
reply by decky
sorry donot know where valve is. This audi has no air con have tried every thing nothing solves but if I knew where valve was I could check as I have a haynes manual for this car and it shows no valve either!

Decky