OVERHEATING

1997 Audi A4

Engine Cooling problem
1997 Audi A4 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 197000 miles

The Audi continues to overheat especially when driving it will overheat 2-5 minutes. If I let it idle it will idle for hours with temp gage in middle. When giving it gas or driving it overheats. So far I have replaced thermostat, and bled coolant lines near heater core as instructed. Fan clutch was bad but now is fixed and working properly. The radiater does not seem to be clogged hot air is coming from fan when engine is hot. No water in oil, No white smoke in tailpipe. Engine runs smooth. Could it be the waterpump? Or what else should I look for? I did not see it leaking but it has 197000 miles. How do I check to see if the waterpump is not functioning adequately
Joeplate

How do I check to see if the waterpump is not functioning adequately

One way to test for a bad water pump is to squeeze the upper radiator hose when the engine is hot and idling. Careful, because the hose will be HOT! If you do not feel much coolant circulating through the hose when you rev the engine, the pump may be bad. The other cause might be a bad thermostat that is not opening properly (remove and inspect the thermostat), or a clogged radiator.

I already changed the water pump and the thermo stat and I opened a vaul that is by the cooling and is throwing out hot air when do I know to put it back

Flores213