TIMING BELT

2002 Audi A2

2002 Audi A2 4 cyl Manual 42000 miles

Hi, How can you tell whether a timing belt needs replacing? It says in the log book that the water pump and tensioners was replaced at 33k but aparently you cannot tell wherher the timing belt is due just from looking at it. I thought that it didnt need replacing until 60k miles. Please help?
Lucy.
Lewcreative

Audi timing belt replacement.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/61395_audi_1.jpg

Sorry cut text is a bit hard to read, replace at 105,000 Mls under normal conditions or 52,500 Mls under sever conditions, trouble is they don't specify exactly what they deem severe conditions.

Mhpautos
Thank you! I think that I undestand.
I agree that it probably doesnt need replacing at 42000 miles. I wonder what severe conditions mean. But I will probably not replace this until it has done a few more miles.
Thak you so much for your quick responce!
Lucy.

Lewcreative
Hi there,

Thinking about this, I would say that sever conditions would be a lot of outback travel in dirt and rough roads, city driving would equate to normal conditions, just a thought.

Mark

Mhpautos