ENGINE FUEL FIRE IN AIR BOX AND FUEL DISTRIBUT

1991 Audi 80

1991 Audi 80 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 180000 miles

Audi 80 Fuel distributer fire in air box and run away rms.
My wife�s 1991 Audi 80 experienced a fuel fire in the air filter box. We replace the fuel distributor and upper portion of the air box given that the metal intake plate had melted and parts of the upper plastic box had some deformation.
After replacing the fuel distributor and upper portion of the air box and securing all the electrical and fuel connectors we started the car. It ran up in rpms till redline and I turned the engine off.
After this I also swapped out the differential pressure regulator and the fuel pressure regulator from the original fuel distributor but the same run away rpm issue remains.
I am a little familiar with pulling codes from my 94 Cadillac but no clue on the Audi.
Any suggestions as to my next step?
Gabesaudi