IDLE

1988 Audi 5000

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/120988_100_0422_1.jpg

fast-er...and yes thats a graveyard

Hi everyone im new to this forum but it seems you all know what you are doing so here is my "problem." I bought a 1988 Audi 5000 CS turbo quattro 2.22 liter I5 (type 44 body style) with performance chip pre-installed about 6 months ago and it is in freaking nice condition. It has roughly 152,500 miles on it and everything electrical works and there are no real problems with the car, including the immaculate body.
The problem is more of an annoyance than anything else because it makes shifting the manual transmission a little more tedious in cold weather. Whenever i turn on the A/C or heat the idle elevates (my cold start valve works because i checked it when the plug came undone during regular driving and i had to affix it again). Sometimes the idle won't elevate to 1500 rpms (in neutral) until after i start driving if im stopped when i turn these on but when i get to anything above about 2 or 3000 rpms (in gear) and i shift the rpms will "float" like another 500 or 1000 higher than the shift point and then i have to wait and guess when to let off the clutch (I have the original clutch so im very meticulous with it so as to not wear it out) so i dont get too much friction when entering the next consecutive gear; the rpms just seem to lower at a slow rate as apposed to not having a/c or heat on. My question is why would the heat cause the rpms to behave in such a manner with climate controls on? oh and sorry for the length i guess i didnt want to leave anything out...TIA
Jdk309