97 COROLLA BRAKE SQUEAKS WHILE DRIVING

1997 All Other Makes All Other Models

My 1997 Corolla DX, 1.8L, the front driver side brake squeaks while I'm driving and when I apply the brake. So I took it to a mechanic and changed the brakes, rotated the rotors. A week later, the sqeaks come back. So I brought my car back to the mechanic and now he told me that my rotor is bad and needs to be replaced. I wonder why he didn't detect it in the first place. I smell a crook so I purchased 2 new rotors and had my friend install them for me. The squeaks didn't go away. It is driving me nuts. What could it be? Could it be the wheel bearing? I changed the wheel bearing about 2 months ago with the same mechanic.

Also, when I almost come to a full stop, I hear a grinding noise on the front driver side, what could it be?

Please help.
Clamchowder