93 190E CHECK ENGINE GETTING NO CODES

1993 All Other Makes All Other Models

I have a 1993 190E 2.4L with 204K miles. The check engine light came on a month or so ago. I took it to my mechanic and he was unable to get the diagnostic unit on the car to produce any blinking lights/codes.

I had the car smogged about a month to two months prior to the light coming on. It passed no problems.

I called mercedes to see what they would charge me to diagnose the car. $$$ Way to much for a minimum of 2 hours. But the service advisor thought that maybe the main computer of the car may be going out which is causing the diagnostic unit not to work.

My mechanic has previously told me that the fuel pump may need to be replaced in the future, as it's starting to make noise.

I've tried to get the diagnostic unit to produce a light/code as well. No luck. My father has checked the unit to see if it's getting voltage, and so far from what we have checked it is.

I'm trying to determine what is wrong with the car, to decide if it's worth fixing or buying another car.

Anyones suggestions or thoughts are appericate it.

Thanks! : D
Trudy
Ms69mach1cj