325I OVERHEATING

1932 All Other Makes All Other Models

I have a 95 325i and its overheating. At first it did blow white smoke from the exhaust and the it would overheat and then cool down. Now I'm refilling it with antifreez and water every where I go and it stays over heated. It doesn't blow white smoke anymore. It takes hours for it to cool down. I changed the thermostat, fan and radiator last summer. I hope its not a head gasket because it would be blowing smoke like crazy from the exhaust. Please help!
Nvtini

I'm not an expert or anything but I had the same trouble a few months ago. I found out that I was not leaking any fluid anywhere and there was no water or antifreeze showing up in the oil when I checked it. I haven't had the car long so when I replaced the thermostat and water pump and refilled the radiator the holding tank was showing that it was full. After running it a little while it was still overheating. After researching I found out that the screw on top of the radiator was a bleeding screw that allowed the radiator to fill properly. Once I took the screw out and took the radiator cap off, I discovered that the car did not have enough fluid in it. Once I bled the radiator properly, I had no more smoking and no more overheating. I hope this helps.

Directwendy
Do you have an external or internal leak?

Mathiaso