KIA SPECTRA "SCRAPING" NOISE

2002 All Other Makes All Other Models

My Spectra has 42,000 miles on it it. It's a 1.8L 4 cylinder with an automatic transmission. When I accelerate, there is a noise that I can only describe as a constant " scraping" until the car reaches about 25-30 MPH, then the noise stops and everything seems to be fine. No noises when braking or anything. It doesn't sound like a squeak, it sounds more like a scratching, but there is nothing dragging on the bottom of the car If I stop the car at a stoplight or something and accelerate again, the noise returns. No check engine light or anything else out of the ordinary that I can see -- just an annoying noise. Any ideas?

I don't know much of anything about cars, and I'm a college-aged female living in a college town where some businesses don't mind ripping off students, so I would appreciate if you could tell me anything I should know before taking it into the shop. I just want to be prepared. Thanks so much in advance!
WVUFan08

There could be numerous reasons for this noise. I would start by having the brakes checked !

Dave H