ASTRO VAN, 60,000 MI - PENNIES IN LIGHTER

2001 All Other Makes All Other Models

Granddaughter put 2 pennies in cigarette lighter and now power locks and lighter don't work. Have checked fuses and they all look fine. Any ideas? Thanks very much[/b]
Katrenco

Take the lighter from any junk vehical at the junk yard and replace it, very simple and cheap. Snap on wires or maybe just cut and splice them. Good Luck!

Pulsti
You could save the hassle of the junkyard if you are willing to spend a few bucks. You can get a replacement lighter setup from parts store for maybe $5-$10. Whole set-up, that way you know what you have and you probably should trace wire from lighter on back and make sure it didn't melt into another and short it out. Could be what has happened to your locks. Still a cheap fix, just gonna cost you a little time. : D

Burrbrian
Thanks much. I'll check the local auto parts store and see what a new one costs and go from there. And find a new, " secluded" spot for my pennies!

Thanks again

Katrenco