GRAND AM FAN ONLY BLOWS IN 3RD AND 4TH POSITION

2000 All Other Makes All Other Models

The fan on my 2000 Grand Am GT only blows in the 3rd and 4th positions (the two highest), and doesn't blow at all in the 1st and 2nd. Just wanted to know if this is the blower relay, and where I can find it under the dash to replace it.
MeatNpotadaz

Blower motor resistor,and it should be mounted near or on your blower motor housing,

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/13857_getimage_2.jpg

this is what you are looking for

Knightriderkitt2000
Just fixed the same problem on my daughter's 2001 Sunfire. Her blower was falling apart and she had no heat because the fan jammed against the housing. I found that setting 1 and 2 did not work either, due to the resistor being corroded. The fan was easy to get in and out, but the resistor was a bitch because it is nestled close to the firewall. I had to cut away some of the soundproofing/ insulation to get at the back mounting screw. Well worth it though, the blower works like never before.

M1Garand