GRAND VOYAGER 2.5 - PROBLEM WITH ALTERNATOR(GENERATOR)

1995 All Other Makes All Other Models

Hi. My english is not good, but I am still asking for help. You already know that I have 1995 grand voyager with 2.5 engine. First problem was with transmission. It just stucked, I could't move the car- the wheels didn't turn. But this problem is solved. Now the other appeared: my generator ( or alternator, I don't know how exactly to say ) is not working. Today, to go shopping, I needed to charge accumulator full and dvive only with energy from accumulator. Why I am asking for help? Becouse one time, when I had transmission problems, I went to garage and they fixed it to me, yes, but I paid SOOO MUCH MONEY for NOTHING! When the same problem happened again I fixet it by myself very easily. I was fooled. : ( So pleaaase, if anybody know what happened to generator and how to fix it by myself- I beg you, help ! Thank you veeery much!
Lucyyy

By accumulator I assume you mean battery, correct? How do you know if the alternator is bad? Is the battery light coming on? If it's not charging the battery then you'll need to replace the alternator. I would recommend taking the vehicle to advance auto parts. They will check you battery and charging system for free. Good luck : )

Bootdog