DELTA 88 ROYALE

1978 All Other Makes All Other Models

Hey, what's goin on? K, she has the Rocket 350 5.7, and when I look at the rear spark plugs, or the plugs nearest to dashboard, but ONLY those plugs. Anyways, there is oily gunk around the area of those spark plugs. Only a small amount, such a small amount that it is only on those rear plugs. Now, I checked the plugs(I did not pull them out-should i?) And they weren't oily, but I probably have to take them out to see. So, I was kinda wondering what that is, and what I need to replace. Cool beans. That's about it. Oh, and thanks for the reply on the heater core. Turns out that the control levers under the passenger side dash, I don't know, theres a diaphram and the levers were. Whatever. The heat works, and that's all that matters. Anyways, thanks, and hope to hear from you guys soon. Pintoo.
Pin2

Hi pin2--

From what you've said it sounds like your valve cover gasket may be leaking.

Here is a previous post that may shed some light: Question: 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse mileage: 42,000. I just replaced my engine 6 months ago and the valve cover gasket is leaking. I have had that problem before with a different engine and it was never resolved after 3 replacements at a reputable, national chain store that guaranteed their work. Are there any type of valve cover problems specifically with Eclipses that I am unaware of (parts)? Or is this a problem because of improper installation (service)?

Answer: Too much internal engine pressure in the crankcase may be causing your valve cover gasket failures. Check the crankcase breathers and PCV valve to be sure they are functioning properly.

Hyknrd