QUESTIONS FOR ALL OTHER CARS CADILLAC STYLE TRUNK RELEA

1967 All Other Makes All Other Models

1967 Questions for all other cars V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

I have a full custom 1940 Willys Coup. The car has a cadillac style trunk release mechanism. The mechanism works fine when closing. The trunk lid is pulled down by the motor and seated

The problem is on opening. When released the motor pushes the lid up, and then instead of releasing it to allow full opening it pulls it back down.

The trunk lid is supported by two gas pistons. One on each side. I have tried moving the locations on the mounts of the gas pistons to no aviail.

Is weight of the trunk lid a factor? Is the size of the gas pistons a factor? I really don't know what else to check to get this application to work correctly.

Please Advise
Thank you
Bob Wilson
Timberwolf8626@msn. Com
Willy2cool

What happens if you take a bit of weight (not lifting) the boot when it opens, will it go all the way up,

Mhpautos
Well, right now the deck lid release switch is located next to the deck lid for fitment and mock up.

If you gently lift when the trunk lid is going up, the unit will release and you can then lift the trunk. Of course timing is crucial. When the car is finished and the release is in the cab then you wouldn't be able to do this maneuver.

Willy2cool
I would say that the lid is to heavy.

Mark

Mhpautos