GRAND PRIX GT ... REAR STRUTS AND MOUNTS?

1998 All Other Makes

OK, I have a '98 Grand Prix GT, 123,000 miles, all the bells and whistles and only minor routine maintenance to this point. I've had a rattle in the rear-end for a little while, and I tried tracing it down by checking the exhaust mounts and body panels and after getting a friend to take it up on the lift at his shop, I discovered that the rear struts are leaking fluid. No problem, although I've never done struts before, I feel like I can handle it. My only concern is that a couple of people have suggested that I replace the " mounts" as well. I'm pretty sure that they are refering to the mount that attaches in the trunk, but I'm not exactly sure what to buy. This is exasperated by the online stores that offer " mounts, " (about $25) " mount kits, " (about $60) and " complete strut kits" (about $200) which include springs and mounts already attached.

Basically, I was fairly confident in the beginning, now I'm a little confused. I'm not sure that this is something that I can do on my own, or what my best option is, but I'm hopeful that you can help!

Thanks!
Heathcliff
Heathcliff_125