AIR BLOWING OUT OF THROTTLE BODY

1993 Toyota Camry • 225,000 miles

On a 93 Camry the main belt broke not the power steering belt so I put on a new surp belt and now the car will not start when cranking over it sounds different sounds kind of slow with a odd sound when cranking as I found is the odd sound is air getting pushed out of throttle body its not sucking in I have spark put in new plugs also the plugs were wet when I took them out. What is the cause of air going out of throttle body and not getting sucked in. This is my first time using this site if its something I like I will add donations in the future . Anyhelp will be good thanks BILL
Turbo1987

As a rule, belts don't break on their own. It is usually triggered by one of the components it operates freezing up. I would remove the belt and make sure you can spin each pulley smoothly by hand.

Wrenchtech
What would cause the air blowing out of throttle body and not being sucked in like it should. When cranking the motor

Turbo1987
I have no idea what you are talking about there. There will be no air movement at cranking RPM.

Wrenchtech
When I removed the air cleaner hose right at the throttle body I had someone crank it over to feel if it was pulling air in a little but when I put my hand over the throttle body opening and we tried to crank the motor it was blowing some air out so I sprayed throttle body cleaner in to see what it would do and it pushed it out did not suck in.

Turbo1987