AFTER REPLACING THE AC COMPRESSOR, THE AIR IN WARM

2008 Honda Accord • 3.5L 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 102,000 miles

Hey guys I have a 08 honda accord v6 and the car had a bad clutch on the compressor. I had 12 volt going to it but it wouldnt turn on. I replaced the compressor with a aftermarket compressor, Compressor works is the brand, the put the new compressor in put the system into vacuum and leak tested good no problems, a friend has a robinair ac machine, charged the system to 15.9 oz which is what it calls for and the air only comes out at 60 degrees going down the road according to a thermometer we have in the vent. I added 4 oz of oil to the compressor before I put it in and my gauges readings are where they should be, when running low side is about 28 psi and high was around 200 I think it was. It was a hot day about 90 with humidity. Any ideas why my ac is warm. When I gran the low side line under the hood, its cool but not cold with condensation on it like it should be. Could the aftermarket compressor not be working right? I am out of ideas. Thanks for the help
Jon
J02ws6transam

Should be a pound low side shold be a little higher but check your temp actuator it may not be blocking heater all the way especially if suctionline is cold. See pic make sure it gets power and try pulling hvac fuse for 60 seconds with key on sometimes they reset otherwise it wil need to be scanned.

Thank you for the response. Its almost like the freon isnt flowing properly because the low side hose is cool but not cold like it should be. Cool meaning maybe 60 degrees. I know usually with a properly working ac that line is cold cold with condensation dripping off it on a hot day. Any ideas? Thank you
Jon

J02ws6transam
When you replaced the compressor was it ful or empty or didn't it say or you know? New compressors come full of oil. What kind of oil did you use if it's not pag oil it's the wrong kind. It may have to much oil in system. When you hooked up charging station how long did you evacuate? Should have done 30 minutes with a Freon sweep in between. We really don't know what you did so giving any answer without actually doing a a/c performance test gives us not much to go on at all.

Sorry for not being clear. When I removed the old compressor it only had about 1 oz of oil in it. On the new compressor it came with shipping oil in it, I drain it all out and put just under 4 oz of pag oil in it. I was told by a few people that it should have 4 oz in it. After everything was done, I put the system into vacuum for 20 mins with a 10 minute leak test and it was fine. Charged it with the 1 pound and isnt cold at all. Only about 60 degrees tried a little more and a little less of freon and made no different. Thank you for the help
Jon

J02ws6transam
How much vacuum did it pull it should have pulled at leas 27" if not there is a leak. But check the air mix actuator see if it's getting power.