ALIGNMENT

Acura TSX

I know this is a few years late, but maybe it will help someone else with an alignment issue. 2004 TSXs have a TSB for the right rear camber being out of specification. It is due to a bent or broken rear upper control arm.

I recently experienced severe alignment issues with my 2004 TSX, completely out of the blue, and took it for an alignment at the dealership. The alignment fixed the toe issues, but did not fix the rear camber. After some research, I found the TSB for the right rear camber. Had the control arm replaced and another alignment and high-speed balance, and things are back to normal now.
Jg2010

Since you and I were not there we don't know what side motion the car received at the accident. Insurance companies normally will not pay for an allignment with sheet metal damage. Go ahead and pay for the alignment. Submit the bill to the company along with a mechanics statement written on the work order. An allignement is cheaper than tires. Good luck

Losone
My son was involved in an auto accident with his 2004 Acura TSX where he hit a large SUV from behind. He was not going that fast but had accelerated from a stopped position. He had recently (Jan.) Had new tires put on his car and gotten an alignment as well. Well when he took the car in to be repaired after the accident the mechanic told him he needed an alignment and the insurance company refuses to pay for the alignment saying that the accident as described would not cause the need for an alignment. Can you help? Thanks.

Jg2010