VIBRATION DURING ACCELERATION AFTER AXLE REP

2004 Acura TSX

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
2004 Acura TSX 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 104000 miles

I have a 2004 Acura TSX with a 6MT transmission. I started to get bad vibration during acceleration, starting about midway up the tach in 2nd and all the way through 4th gear. Eventually it got so bad it felt like going through a space shuttle re-entry. I got the front axles replaced, and the problem seemed solved for a day or two. Now I am getting the same vibration, but much less severe, and only in 2nd gear between 2000 and 2500 rpm. Baffling to me, but hopefully someone will have an idea for me.
Micah476

Hi micah476,

Is the vibrations felt through the steering wheel?
Were the axle shafts replaced new, used or rebuilt?
Does the vibration disappears immediately upon release of the accelerator pedal?

Yes, I feel the vibration in the steering wheel. If I'm accelerating uphill it's worse and makes the dash shake left to right. The axles were new but not acura. Vibration stops immediately upon release of the accelerator. Driving me nuts.

Micah476
Get the CV shafts checked. The inner joints are out of balance.