AC/NAVIGATION

2004 Acura TSX

Air Conditioning problem
2004 Acura TSX 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 136000 miles

Initially navigation started to go in and out and put me quite a bit off course. Now it is on but non-responsive. The AC is only accessible through the navigation screen and therefore I am unable to operate it. The car is worth about 6k and the dealer told me I would need to replace computer in truck for 4k. Pep boys told me I need a new AC compressor as mine " seizes up" when assessed. They said the AC repairs would be $2k and up. I don't care about the navigation that much, but it is hot and I need AC. Do I have any options to address the AC problem and be sure repair is effective without replacing the computer in trunk?
Ntjoy

Check the a/c compressor relay to make sure its not getting stuck off. Its in the engine compartment's fuse box, flip the fuse box lid and look for the one marked with a picture of a snow flake.
As far as the navigation goes, eject the disc and make sure there are no scratches or smudges on the disc. If there are, you can clean it with glass cleaner and a microfiber cloth.
If you unplug the black connector behind the unit temporarily, it will reset the unit when you plug it back in. Make sure you have the anti-theft codes before you unplug the unit. Good luck

Jeremiah