DOES NOT START WHEN TURNING KEY

2004 Acura RSX

2004 Acura RSX 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 185000 miles

Acura RSX will not crank, will not start. Brand new Battery. When I turn on car panel lights light up, no click sound. In the beginning it would turn on after second or third attempt but now it will not start. I can roll start the car and runs fine but once I turn it off will not turn on again.
Arcanhel01

Hi arcanhel01,

The starting circuit is malfunctioning the non cranking. Possble causes are : 1. Starter cut relay.

Remove the starter relay and use a fused jumper to connect between terminal # 1 1nd 2. If starter cranks, the starter motor is good.

1. Starter motor. Remove the starter relay and use a fused jumper to connect between terminal # 1 and 2. If starter cranks, the starter motor is good.

2. Ignition switch. Attach a test lamp to terminal #2 or # 3 of starter relay socket. Turn ignition switch to START. If test lamp lights up, ignition switch is good.

3. Clutch Interlock switch. Disconnect the switch and bridge the terminals. Turn ignition switch to START and if starter cranks, the switch is bad.