ENGINE STALLS ON THE TRAFFIC LIGHTS OR STOP

2001 Acura MDX

2001 Acura MDX 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 134000 miles

When I halt at a stop sign or traffic light, and the car is in drive (D5/D4/R), the idle would drop down below 500 RPM and stall completely or run rough. In case I switch to the Parking or Neutral, the engine idle would jump to 750. For a smooth transition to drive D5/D4/R, I would have to press on the gas to avoid stalling (obviously this creates sudden push/jerk).

While the car will run smooth during warm-up, it would begin stalling out at traffic lights when it is about to reach up to normal / optimum operating temp.

Once the car will reach normal / optimum operating temp it will run perfect. It will idle at a smooth 750 RPM at every stop sign or traffic light.

No codes have been reported by the diagnostics (OBD).

Recent History -
"¢ Transmission rebuild/fixed.
"¢ Battery replaced.
Suniljoon

Hi suniljoon,

The idling system is not working correctly and I would suggest getting the throttle body and Idle Air Control valve cleaned and retest.