ABS LIGHT TURNED ON, D4 LIGHT STARTED BLI

1994 Acura Legend

Brakes problem
1994 Acura Legend 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 186500 miles

MY ABS light has come on, so I checked the brake fluid level on both the brake and ABS. I turned the car back on and the light went off for about 30-45 seconds, I heard a pumping sound and then the light came back on. I'm not sure if that means my ABS is needing to be replaced. About a week later while I was driving, my D4 light on my dashboard started to blink and then my speedometer went from 60 mph to 0, and then back again? I'm not really sure whats that about. Any suggestions?
Mgd2

Hi mgd2,

The ABS pump working continously means it is unable to maintain its pressure and when the ABS control unit senses that the pump motor had been working for too long, it would stop operation and indicate on the dash that an error has occurred. Problem is mostly caused by a faulty pump. However to be sure, you would need to retrieve the trouble code which can be done by jumping the SCS connector to read the trouble code.

The D4 light blinking means an error has been detected by the transmission control unit and in this case, the noticed symptom was the speedometer was inaccurate. The Vehicle Speed sensor or its circuit is faulty and that would cause the erratic speedometer reading and D4 light to blink.