REMOVING CRANK AND OTHER SENSORS

Acura Integra

I have a 1994 Acura Integra RS with a DOHC 1.8 engine and an odometer reading of 97500 miles. The car cut out while running and I can not start it since.

The distributor is not sending current to the spark plugs. So, I replaced the worn out distributor cap, the rotor and checked the timing belt. I then checked sensors in the distributor metal housing (I believe these to be the crank, cam, and other sensors) and noticed that the wiring's insulation have rot and broken in peaces leaving the wires bare.

I would like to know how to test the sensors and the ignition coil in the distributor housing and how to remove the sensors.

I was thinking on covering the bare wires with brush-on electrical tape. If you have any other suggestion, I will greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Acurars

In your distibutor, you have no sensors! Replace the ditributor as a rebuit unit, all will be new! The crank sensor is a magnetic pickup that " reads" the posiyion of the crank, it bolted to the block, close to the crank. Distributor, has the reluctor, and the pickup! Unplug the coil from the distributor and check it for spark by placing the end of the wire close to metal, and cranking the engine! The distributor MUST be placed in the exact same clock position it comes out or SEVERE engine damage will occur!

Merlin2021
Thank you, merlin2021, for your responce. But actually, I have a diagram of the distributor housing, which points out to three sensors (TDC/CYP/CKP Sensors).

Acurars