CAR IS FLOODED PLEASE HELP

Acura Integra

Ok I have a 96-99 gsr engine running a p28 ecu in it. I bought the car from a friend last night and drove it home car ran great when I got to his hous the car started right up. He said first thing in the morning whe its cold the car has a hard time staying started. If you hold the gas pedal down a bit to keep the rpm's up the car is fine for the rest of the day after that. The car does have a fuel cut off switch which I turned off due to the fact I live in a high crime area. This morning I go out to get in it and start it up and it starts and then dies about 2-3 times I got it briefley started and then it died again. I tried cranking it and cranking it but no dice it wont start so I pulled the plugs out and disconected the injectors and tried to see if the car was flooded ( I could smell gas) I looked into the compustion chamber and the tops of the pistons looked damp. I put everything back together and left it and went to work. Is letting the car sit going to help it? Keep in mind when I get home from work it would have sat for 9-10 hours will the gas evaporate or do I have to do something?. Thank you
Dboz

The gas will evap that you can count on. Sounds like I would be looking at the fuel pressure regulator or the injectors as the problem cause. BUT I would suggest that you not rule out poor delivery of the spark to the plugs.

Bruce Hunt