SOME ELECTRICAL COMPONENTS ARE NOT WORKI

1994 Acura Integra

1994 Acura Integra 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 200000 miles

Hi,
Some of the electrical components in my car have stopped working suddendly:

- The beep when I leave the lights on
- First speed of wipers
- back defogger
- back left window and power lock

Sould I change some fuses or is this bigger thank just some fuses?

I have the repair manual if needed

Thanks,

JP
Jponte

Hi jponte,

Thank you for the donation.

The beeper would not work if the door switch is bad. Check if the dome light comes on when door is opened.

Beeper, wiper intermittent speed and back defoggers shares a common control, the Integrated Control unit, which could be the cause.

The power window and lock for only one specific door means either the components are faulty or there is a wire breakage disrupting the power supply or grounding circuits. You would have to perform testings on the circuits.

Check the fuses first.

Hi,
Thanks for the fast reply. I forgot to mention that the inside light is also not working. The dashboard light with an opened door stays on all the time as well when the doors are all locked.

If the Integrated Control unit is the problem, do you know if it's easy to change?

Thanks,

Jack P

Jponte
It is plugged into the rear of the underdash fuse panel and removal is not too difficult but the fuse panel has to be disconnected to get at it.