WITH FLASHING MAINTENANCE REQUIRED L

2001 Acura CL

2001 Acura CL 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 97700 miles

This morning while driving into work, I heard a pop, and the dash lights, radio, and nav system turned off, and then came back on. The maintenance required light flashed for about 10 seconds, and then went off. About a minute or two later, it did the same thing with the dash, radio, and nav turning off, and turning back on, with the maintenance required light flashing for 10 seconds and then going off. This cycle continued until I got to my destination. Then I noticed that the door lock/security remote wouldn't work, so I had to lock the doors manually. The car is running ok besides that. I think it is a fuse, but I bought the car used, and the owner's manual is not in the car. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Q
Qbeam

Hi there,

this is a bit strange, I would start with a diagnostic scan to check for any unresolved fault codes.

Mhpautos
I went back and checked the car. There was no power at all to the vehicle. It threw me for a loop. I openned the hood, and the ground cable for the battery had come completely off. I reconnected it, and the car started asking for a code for the radio and nav. Could the ground cable coming off cause the above problems?

Q

Qbeam
If the earth was that loose and making and breaking a connection, I would think that it would cause this, also the problem is that it can also cause a voltage spike in the ECU which can do as lot of damage, so I feel that you are very lucky, as long as the connection is tight and you have no problems now, you should be ok. If you don't have the security codes for the radio you will have to contact the dealer as they will have this on there data base, they will advise on what info they require, car VIN or radio serial No.

Mhpautos
Thanks for the information. I'll call the Acura dealer for more info. I'll take it in to check for any error codes.

Thanks again,

Q

Qbeam