ABS LIGHT

2007 Ford Focus • 140,000 miles

Abs light is staying on, all new brakes rotors and drums and new wheel cylinders, done by the Ford dealership were car was purchased! Brakes work fine but light is still on they say they don't know why. They have even tried bleeding the entire system again and light went out but came back on as soon as it was driven and the brake was applied.
Rickrab

The ABS light really has nothing to do with the pads and rotors. It means the ABS computer has sensed an electronic malfunction, shut the system down and stored a trouble code to identify what it saw. You need to have the ABS module scanned to retrieve the stored code and that will give you a starting point. My guess is that you will find a problem with one of the wheel speed sensors, possibly damaged during the brake repair or maybe a brake rotor with a missing or defective sensor ring.

Wrenchtech