A/C PROBLEMS BEING AFFECTED BY THE ENGINE FAN.....

2006 Dodge Ram • 5.9L 6 cylinder Turbo 4WD Manual • 173,000 miles

2006 Dodge Ram 3500 ST. 5.9L diesel. 4WD, 6 speed. Had it to firestone and C Classic Dodge up around my area. The A/C is acting up so replaced the condesor, accumulater, and compressor with all new seals. Firestone couldnt do anything because there was sealant in the a/c and according to him his machines couldnt handle that because it would clog it. So he suggested an actual dodge dealer. So the next week set up an appt with C Classic Dodge in Clearfield, PA. They told me that the a/c isnt working because my engine fan is faulty and that the plug in the harness was tapped up and tucked into the bottom of the engine somewhere. So he tells me that since that fan is spinning fast enough it isnt cooling the a/c condensor enough which is causing my a/c to not work. I know a little bit about trucks and such. Learning a lot about diesels just by having one. I learn from experience and a lot of research from different sources. But never had to mess with the fan on any of my vehicles. So with my fathers help he figured that the fan clutch system that is on it now is just a manual one with no electric to it. You could see the fan and whole clutch motor spinning and C Classic was trying to tell my father it was electric and he replied how can it be electric when its spinning? So then they tell him that it is the wrong thing. Why couldnt they have told me that in the first place. Regardless, so here is where I am at. So what I need is a picture or schematic on what this bracket looks like that holds the electric fan clutch and what the fan clutch and fan look like so I have a better idea on what im ordering. And in fact this is the problem, would that affect the a/c like C Classic was saying? I have a feeling that the guy where I bought my truck from either switched the electric one out to sell or bought or used another manual one because it was cheaper. Thank you for your time. ~Matt
Damande

What would happen with your air if no fan cooling is that you would get cooling for a while then it would stop. Your fan on your truck is electronically controlled and should lock up as temp gets warm or if pcm calls for it. There is a fuse and am sending the pic of where to check for it. What the guy was probably trying to explain is that maybe the harness is broken under the engine hard to tell. See pics for fuse and other pic is of fan controller.