A/C INTERMITTENT

2000 Nissan Altima • 155,000 miles

Air conditioning seems to only work when outside air is cool and then will stop working after a few minutes. System as been vacuumed and recharged according to specs. New trinary switch and dryer installed. When my mechanic recharged the system, a/c worked great but radiator fans kept coming on and off, which he said the fans should actually run constantly, and the compressor worked fine but then started constantly clicking on/off, on/off, etc. Mechanic bypassed system and said the compressor was still good. We then tried a new relay but no fix. Mechanic seems to think it could be the control panel inside the dash but I am also wondering if it could be a sensor issue or something else?
Tweeti0510

When the cooling fans starts to cycle, does the compressor do the same thing?

Guessing is a long short and miostly a waste of time and money.

What you need to do is to check where power supply interruption is occurring. If it is the controls, the relays would be getting intermittent power supply. It could be a poor contact with one of the connectors and after running for some time, resistance builds up causing power supply to be interrupted.