A/C CONDENSATION LEAKING INTO PASSENGER COMPARTMENT

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee • 95,000 miles

Footwell on passenger side 2" deep in water leaking from under dash. Problem was previously solved by technician drilling a hole somewhere in dash which enabled water to drain beneath vehicle. Warned that it would eventually clog up again with road dust, etc. But did not tell me where to check the hole in order to clear the debris.

Other owners have noted this problem on Jeep websites while I was trying to solve a different problem and I cannot find the suggested spot again.
Jeeplover141414

There shold be a drain under the car maybe with hose, it will look flattened, run a wire through it and twilr it around you won' thit anything.

You won't find any drain on this one. This is a known problem because the drain exits inside the frame rail and is not accessible from the outside. There is a TSB to correct this that involves drilling a hole on the inside and sealing it back up with silicone. That is probably what they did. Here is a picture of where the hole should be.

Wrenchtech