96 BAGS DEPLOYED, CAR WONT START NOW

1996 Honda Civic • 2.2L 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 123,000 miles

I was involved in a front end crash a few days ago. The bags deployed, shifter is stuck in park, and the car wont start. I understand that the airbags and SRS module have to be replaced. My engine cranks but will not start and the shifter is locked in park, I have to use the shift lock next to the gear shift to get it into neutral.
Will the car not start until after I have replaced the SRS system?
There was no body damage, the impact was mainly from below on the passenger side. I'll also be replacing the left front suspension on the car. I'm going to be doing the repairs myself so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jco354

Check your fuses (especially any fuse which goes tot he ignition system.

Check the spark plug wires for a spark while you are cranking the engine over.
Let me know what the results of the "tests" are. Thanks.

Freemba
I replaced the complete right front suspension, both air bags, and the SRS computer. I bought two different scanners to reset my light, but they both said they could not connect to the cars computer.
But just a month before the accident I could plug in the scanner and it would read it just fine. I went to a repair shop and they told me that I will need to take it to the dealer to do a master reset.
Does this sound correct?

Jco354
There could have been damage to the wiring to the computer. However, check the fuses first (check all of your fuses). Let me know what you find.

Freemba
The other night I was on here reading other post on related subjects.
So I went out to the car and checked the fuses.
The SRS and SRS/Fuel pump fuses were blown. I replaced them and the car fired up immediately without missing a beat! The shifter was also released from the park position.
Funny thing is that after I turned it on and drove it around the block, I noticed the SRS light did not remain on. I thought I was going to have to reset it, but it looks like I don't. It does turn on when I turn the car on, but then shuts off after 2-3 seconds.
Thank you very much for your help and advice on this website. I did all the work myself and saved myself a few hundred dollars by not having to go to the dealer : )

Jco354