94 WONT START

1994 Ford Explorer • 160,000 miles

I was driving my 94 ford explorer and it started overheating. I pulled over, added water, and checked the fluids. Shortly after, it overheated again. I noyiced a split in one of the hoses, so I removed the bad spot and reconnected it. Refilled the water, hit the road, and it continued to heat up and began losing oil pressure and making a rapid clicking noise when I accelerated. Lost power, woudnt go over 2000 rpms and then died. Now it wont start...
Jamhamlin

Did the engine sieze?

I dont think so. I can still turn the crankshaft.

Jamhamlin
It started a few times after it first died, maybe my battery is too low now.

Jamhamlin
Will the starter crank? Yes, make sure the battery has a full charge.

I charged the battery and got it to fire up. It was hard to start and idled a bit erratically. There was a small knocking coming from the top of the engine which seemed to subside after it warmed up a bit bit still ran kind of rough. I hooked up my scanner and got codes 117, 118, and 157 in the continuous memory bank.

Jamhamlin
This site still has a lot of bugs. It's giving me the run-around trying to talk to you. I probably can't talk to you again today.

I can tell you what the codes mean.
The 117 has to do with coolant temp sensor, minimum voltage too low.
The 118 also has to do with coolant temp sensor, voltage too high.
The 157 has to do with maf sensor.

Those codes may have been set because of low battery. You might try cleaning the maf sensor see if it helps.